CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Parents and players will make their fullest effort to cooperate and support the managers and
coaches of our travel organization.
2. A serious commitment is required at this level of baseball. This means attendance to various functions,
events, and the required finances are expected. Little League, Town Baseball and other travel teams must be secondary to your commitment. If not, this can decrease your son’s playing time with his team and
may forfeit his roster spot. Your coach must be informed each time he plays on any other team.
3. Managers and coaches are completely responsible for determining the amount or playing time, lineups,
and positions of every player.
4. There is no guarantee of playing time. Teams will try and compete to the best of their ability. Managers will use their roster in a fashion that they see fit to produce and be competitive in a positive environment so that all players may learn and develop. Parents may not discuss playing time with any coach, manager or staff member of the LI Jr Ducks. Discussions and or questions about playing time are encouraged to be had by the players themselves. If your son or daughter does not have the ability to represent themselves in this situation, please do not confront their coach at an event. Please wait 24 hours and contact by email only.
5. Managers and Coaches can never speak to players or parents in a disrespectful manner. Parents
or players can never speak to managers, coaches, or umpires in a disrespectful manner. If you are
ejected from a game, this can be grounds for expulsion. Any disrespectful, crude and inappropriate behavior
by parents towards opposing teams, players or umpires are grounds for expulsion from the Jr Ducks.
6. There can be no physical contact between players, parents, or coaches. The result can be immediate
expulsion from our organization.
7. Managers and Coaches must be notified about absences from games or practices. Failure to notify coach
can result in reduced playing time.
8. The removal of a player from a game by a parent can result in expulsion from the team.
(With the exception of an emergency or prearranged understanding).
9. Player payments are non-refundable. If an injury occurs or a player cannot finish any part of
their season, there are no full or partial refunds.
10. If a parent pulls a player off of the team after any or part financial commitment is fulfilled there are no refunds. Players pay for roster spots.
11. The owners of the LI Jr Ducks have the right to release any rostered player for the actions of
their parents or guardians that are deemed inappropriate by their coaching staff and/or any
board member of the Long Island Jr. Ducks Baseball Organization.
12. THE LONG ISLAND DUCKS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TEAM GIVES US,
THE LONG ISLAND JUNIOR DUCKS, THE RIGHTS TO THEIR LOGO AND PLAYERS UNDER A LICENSING AGREEMENT AND IN NO WAY RUN THE DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS OF
THE L.I. JR DUCKS. ANY QUESTIONS AND/OR CONCERNS CAN BE ADDRESSED TO
THE JUNIOR DUCKS ORGANIZATION.
13. All managers, coaches, parents and players can be placed on suspension and run the risk of permanent termination of your roster spot if you are responsible for making disparaging, threatening, offensive,
retaliatory or otherwise inappropriate comments made about the Jr Ducks, any board member,
any parent or any player on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social networking site.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU CALL OR EMAIL THE GM or ANY
STAFF MEMBER OF THE PROFESSIONAL LI DUCKS BASEBALL TEAM!
DOWNLOAD CODE OF CONDUCT